Monday, August 10, 2009

Impatience


















I’ve been waiting too patiently- and recently figured I better stop procrastinating, and try and find what(?) I’ve been waiting too patiently for. So-- on the road visiting and looking around- not sure when I’ll get back home(?). Impatience can maybe be a good thing-- but dunno.
Anyhow, while at second stop- visiting a very talented friend- I gave short lesson in oil painting (not that I'm the authority)- then sketched in pixels the teabag on a plate- nothing too exciting, and it gives the opposite feeling of impatience- kind of earthy and relaxed feel. I didn’t feel like painting at all- let alone in oil- definitely have to be in mood to paint-- whatever the medium- and one can’t be too impatient-- however, digital sketching and painting seems to be my medium of choice when I'm impatient - there’s no setup or clean-up- and it’s pretty immediate and forgiving-- so the medium here is the message for this Impatience IF post.

Well- I’m growing impatient now typing all this- so I’ll just hit publish.

10 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

First of all I love it when I see your name in my comments. It means that even though I've been absent from IF, some people still remember me.
Thank you for that!

Now, I love this painting Andy. And it did ground me. I felt calm and the opposite of impatient. Message received clearly.
Your work often does that for me. There's always a feeling of peace here.

I'm hoping I can get back to IF soon. I miss the paintings and the stories that wiggle in my mind after reading a good 'promt.'

Nice to see you my friend ;)
~L~

5:00 PM  
Blogger Pencil Pocket said...

What a lovely traditional painting. Lovely technique. Makes me really want a cuppa.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Samantha Hughes said...

Ah lovely. Being a bit of a tea fiend myselft i can get a bit impatient for the tea to steep. This is such a lovely warm illo.

4:44 AM  
Blogger neilornstein said...

Good Morning, Andy.

I too have become completely impatient with the slowwwwwwwwness of painting, spoiled by the instantantenaity of my digital tools, even though I might work on a piece over an extended period of time I don't want to deal with drying, mixing colour, cleaning. I want what I want when I want it.

On another note, I have given up all pretense of personal hygiene. All flaws will henceforth be fixed in photoshop.

My friends and family now avoid me but that just leaves me with more time for digital relationships. I have had no social difficulties in Second Life.

Regards,
N

5:49 AM  
Blogger rmsmi said...

Nice rendering.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you enjoy your trip and I'll enjoy your tea painting. nice work as always.
michael dailey

3:33 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

not bad at all, Andy, for who is impatient ;-))))))))))))
i would love to paint like that, even patiently ....
are you in vacations ???
well, we are back from the closet ;-)))))))))))))

big hugsssssssssssss and kissessssssssssssssss
magic weekend !!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Yes, I hear you about the whole painting thing. The worst part is setting up and cleaning up! Wonderfully done though Andy!

10:50 AM  
Blogger get zapped said...

I can smell the tea from my desk, so real! Your digital painting is always so impressive. I can relate to being impatient to the medium of paints. I think technology makes us this way....

Thanks for sharing!

1:59 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

I'm patiently waiting for more posts from you ;)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home