Thursday, March 12, 2009

Intricate


















Started this, but put it down - was getting late and too intricate.

Story:
Outside with the dog the other night, I heard strange, horrible, loud, crying or screaming sound- like a mixture of a very loud cawing crow, screeching hawk, and a crying baby. It was pitch black out, I was straining to see what was going on, I thought maybe the dog bit something that bit back, and was in trouble. My eyes finally adjusted a little and I could make out that it was a dark furry brown creature clamped in her jaws. I could see she was straining to apply more pressure to finish the job, but luckily it was too big for her to get the proper fix on- plus I was yelling at her to "DROP IT!" As she let go, it bolted like lightning through the gap in the fence. Though I couldn't see it clearly, I'm sure it was a rabbit, but never knew they could make such loud, horrible sounds, let alone any sound. In the morning I looked for blood or a body, but found neither; I hope that the injuries, if any, were minor, and that this one lived.
Ahh, nature...it's an intricate thing- sometimes it's a can't live with it, can't live without it.

8 Comments:

Blogger HARDWAX said...

Doodleman, a double whammy!

Your painting, every word is alive in the painting, and the painting alive in your words. My favorite part of the painting though are the rabbits with the triage, the sweet care, and I'd sure like to think that might be the outcome. Beautiful and riveting!

Shawdow Lor was right. The rose pedals, especially the biggie, looks like a deflated balloon, I don't know how he/she got it.

So yes, I tryed to redeem myself with "intricate"

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

couldn't say it better then miri just did so i wont. michael dailey

4:13 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Yes, very True Andy, and strangely, that's part of the beauty (that is, until something terrible happens to us, haha)! This was portrayed very well, and before i read your words, this looked like a glimpse into a dark dream. So glad you made it for this week Andy. Was wondering when you might post some art!

5:22 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Andy are you sure my dog isn't living at your house?

I had a cat (Biff) that used to raid bunny nests. It was really sad. Once you've heard a bunny scream you never forget the sound. Remember that book, "When Rabbit Howls?"

This painting says it all without narrative. Like Miri, I love the triage in the warren...so tender.

Survival of the fittest, damn.
Survival of the terriers!

I'm thinking buns made it home and all of the wounds are healed.
Awesome piece Andy. Love it!
Have a great weekend.
;)

9:40 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

Andy, I like what you've done with this piece, so much to explore and try to understand. It represents our fears and the unknown so well. Your use of color and the sketches in white is very powerful.

I too hope the rabbit escaped unscathed.

8:43 AM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

i'm sure i'm not living there, Andy, neither Flora ;-)))))))))))) are you sure it was a rabbit ??? not an owl ???

anyway, my friend, this is just fantasticccccccccccccccc !!!

happyyyyyyyyyyyyy friday 13 ;-)))))))))))))
big hugs and kissessssssssssss

9:56 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

tried

5:39 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Thanks for the recent visit Andy. Always nice to see a friendly face ;)

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home