Sunday, December 02, 2007

Excess travel?

"too much of everything is just enough"? I guess that balances out.


















A quick or maybe excessive jumblie note:
Hello- hope y'all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and are all well. I'm back from a trip- and excessively out of sync with everything- need to get going with taking care of excessive piles of stuff, excessively piling up- that need taking care of. I see the years are going by excessively faster and faster- it seems the older I get the faster it goes. So much to do in life that I haven't begun to do- and seemingly so little time- as Mr. Cliche says. Visited old friends around the South, lots of history- saw museums, old grave yards- and think I stayed in a haunted house (was used as makeshift hospital for ill & wounded Civil War soldiers). Kept the haunting stuff to myself at first as was too worried about being thought of as a wacko (yeah- haha- I do worry about it)- but when I did bring it up, my friend (owner of haunted?house), who I thought would scoff, said "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I saw what I think was a ghost here too- lots of people did die in here..." Anyway, that's all for the ghosts- thankfully this friend [old college roommate] I visited- whom I hadn't seen for 11 years- was still ticking. Didn't wanna leave first stop on my trip- Thanksgiving there with two friends and all their in-laws. Stayed and stayed- I felt sorta a bit like I was living vicariously (is that the word?) through the two and the beautiful life they've created for themselves and are blessed with there- but a few days later could tell I had excessively overstayed my welcome- they had to get back to their groove- so I went on to next city (haunted house)- where I didn't stay long enough as figured I needed to get back to stuff in the sort of real world. Stopped in third city- unplanned- sightsaw(seed?) for a little more than an hour, ate dinner, and back on the road. I had called a friend that lives there just before I decided to take the detour, but didn't get to see as was at work & didn't get my message till I was an hour and a half back on the road home(???). Anyhow, 2000 miles- figured on figuring something out- but no epiphanies (yet- still absorbing anyway). I do see now that I love the road and that the people are more important than the places- and also, I like the sound of the word, epiphany. I hope to take another rdtp real soon- maybe with a plan this time- or maybe sans plan.

Sometimes the lights all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been.

fm. Truckin

PS:
I'll be away from blogland off and on for awhile- have to take care of that stuff piling up.

7 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Yes, I hear ya Andy. I seem to feel the same too with each year. Glad you were able to go and see your friends and have fun and get back safely. The driving was the part I didn't like, but I got to see some friends and family as well, and some great art in Pittsburgh. If you ever make a trip towards Northern VA, give me a holler. In the meantime, great work here and best of luck getting caught up with things (today I finally felt i got somewhat back in the grooved myself).

6:28 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

You know what, I really missed you! It sounds like this road trip was time worth spent, even if things weren't quite figured out, or even if you didn't want to figure things out. I do love the car lights on the otherwise deserted road. Reminds me of one of my favorite Tom Waits songs, "The Heart of Saturday Night." Even if you were alone, this song always works.
Thanks for stopping by, Andy. Welcome back.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I will leave you with a quote:

You know what you've got when you have too much of a good thing?
Something WONDERFUL!!

--Liberace

8:07 AM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

take care, Andy, ok ???
see you soon ;-)))))))
i come back later to read better ....
bigggggggg hugssssssssssss
me

7:49 PM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks- glad you had a good and safe trip too Steve. Look forward to giving you a holler if heading towards N.VA - I may actually visit central eastern VA sometime next year- with an intent in the back of head to move there. wherever I end up- will let know and hope you'll give a holler too.

I really missed you too Laurel! Weird- I heard this song I think in '92 or '93 on a TV show- "Picket Fences"- really loved the song- looked at credits, but didn't see who song was by. Thought it might have been Springsteen- looked over the years unsuccessfully- and after all this time you lead me to it. Thanks Laurel- you're the best!

Ahhh Liberace- true that- thanks for quote rrramone

You don't have to trudge through reading all this stuff Luisa- same goes for anyone here- I forgot to put that here this time- I know with all the stuff going on in all our lives- that it's tough to find time/energy. Basically sayin' - I wont be offended.
Hope you're well
big huggggsss to you!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

Nice Grateful Dead touch, in addition to your moody piece here. Like the swash of blue. Don't be a stranger around these parts.

Sounds like you had a great trip.

9:00 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

Very good take on too much traveling - can't see beyond the lines on the road. Sounds like you had a very interesting trip. I don't discredit the ghost idea - think I've encountered a few, too. I liked the GD touch.

Peace~

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home