Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jugular

Drew this Friday night- but had too much to juggle- so wasn't able to look over it and upload. Tight weekend deadline (due date is manana)- I'd like to finish tonight, but can't- and will have new deadline on top of it tomorrow (which, looking at the clock, I see it already is [tomorrow]). Since I'm now at a stopping point for various reasons- I am typing this and will upload sketch. Juggling.
















Interested in what people who are successful in business are made of (I'm really interested in what everyone and everything are made of). There are no absolutes(?), but it seems obvious that those who maintain successful businesses must be great jugglers (multi-taskers). It also seems that the really successful are ready, willing, and able to go for the jugulars of those who they perceive pose some sort of obstacle to their success. Good or bad? (I say 'bad'- but whatever). Can we transcend what is or isn't in our blood though? Some people get struck by lightning or suffer brain injuries, and, as result, seemingly become someone else. Some become gifted in areas which they previously were not- such as math, music, writing, etc.- though some become (more) mentally disabled, of course. So there are some sort of on/off switches in us.
Well- I'm babbling, and have neither time, energy, nor any gift to think and comment further on the subject(s)- aren't you glad... click- zzzzzzzzzzz

9 Comments:

Blogger luisa brehm said...

just amazing, Andy !!!
i love the meaning of life in blues ....
i come back more later to read, just wanted to give a big huggggggggggggggggggggg
happy monday ;-)))))))
me

6:32 AM  
Blogger get zapped said...

A beautiful illo! And what a clever take on the prompt. I've said this before, but I really admire your talent for drawing.

Have a great week!

9:37 AM  
Blogger neilornstein said...

Andy, good sir,

I can always count on you for an original take on the theme.

Apropos of your musings on the nature of human nature I think you would enjoy Matt Ridley's book "The Origins of Virtue".


Here is an NYTimes review
http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/05/11/reviews/970511.11papinet.html

Here is a link to an interview about the book.

http://www.stpt.usf.edu/hhl/radio/ridley.htm


Regards,
Neil

10:08 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

As I read your post, I became aware that ideas, some old and some new were popping into my head. I began to juggle these ideas, and came to a conclusion that I'm not good at juggleing, (although, I DID come to a conclusion, so the juggle worked, but couldn't come up with good answers to your questions, and so the juggle failed. No, I wasen't zapped by lightning.

The beauty of your work, never ceases to amaze, and the original point of view dazzles.

8:49 PM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks Luisa big hugggssss & happy Wednesday to you!

Thanks GZ hope your week is going great!

Thanks Neil
Great- thanks for those links too! I think I heard something about M.R. and this book- will def check it out!

Thanks Miri
I believe you have the answers and that you're a great juggler- lightning zapped or not. I don't think I've ever been hit by lightning- but maybe as a kid I stuck my fingers in one too many wall sockets.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

Way too cool idea. And great technical rendering, too!

7:43 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Wonderful drawing Andy! And I love your midnight ramblings. You'd be so great to stay up and philosophize with. (Is that even a word?) Didn't come out right. Anyway, your posts are always a treat, visually and mentally stimulating!

8:33 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks Twis!

Thanks Laurel! I think 'philosophize' is a word- but good to make up words anyway. I defy anyone to not fall asleep during my rambling

7:05 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Man, how did I miss this. The way you presented this, the draftsmanship is marvelous!!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home