Sunday, November 11, 2007

Scale

No illustration here from me this week- weeks not over yet- but don't think I'll have time. Also- will probablly be away next week and most of the following week- so I'll wish you all now a very happy Thanksgiving.

I do, however, wanna share the following which is right on the topic of 'scale':
Received this series of images in an e-mail back in May (Don't know whom to credit- one of those e-mails that circulates [orbits] around and around- I had to save this one!!!).
(Often- when I'm worried about something I zoom out- way out- and whatever it is I'm worried about appears small in comparison to the grand scheme of things- and sometimes becomes invisible).
Heres's the e-mail:























































ANTARES IS THE 15TH BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE SKY.
IT IS MORE THAN 1000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY.
______________________________________________

THIS IS A HUBBLE TELESCOPE ULTRA DEEP FIELD INFRARED VIEW OF COUNTLESS"ENTIRE" GALAXIES BILLIONS OF LIGHT-YEARS AWAY.

















BELOW IS A CLOSE UP OF ONE OF THE DARKEST REGIONS OF THE PHOTO ABOVE.

7 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Happy Thanksgiving Andy--hope you have a safe and fun time. Yes, I hear you too. Sometimes you just have to put it all in perspective, which can be tough.

5:40 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

I got this same email. It does put things into the proper perspective, doesn't it!
I'll miss you! Please come back.
And have a wonderful Thanksgiving yourself ;)

7:11 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

I wish I had received this email, great perspective, and I like your prescription to.

Going away for a couple of weeks eh, hmmm, well Happy Thanksgiving anyway, and don't eat too much turkey, OOPS, I mean; tofu, veggie, sorta tastes like turkey kinda stuff.

LOL. Laurel thought my clouds look like custard donuts, and you think they look like caption bubbles, and they do-both.

It all means I'm really tired, and the beach is far away.

Gobble, gobble

9:28 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

LOL! You reminded me how serious I get at times and so very self-indulged. I thank you for this and wish you a delightful Thanksgiving! I look forward to your next post.

Peace~

7:56 AM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

These are truly impressive graphics. I hadn't realized. Perspective and relativity and all. Reminds me of Bogie's line in Casablanca: "I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid."

6:05 AM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

have a great time, Andy !!!
sometimes to go away it's the better way to come back .... like the stars light ....
lots of hugsssssssss ;-)))))))
me

5:05 PM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks Steve, yeah - can be tough!

Perspective- yup.
Thanks Laurel- will miss you too! So I'll be back soon.

Hahaha- eh- hmmm- thanks Miri- I def. wont eat too much of the tofu(rky)- but the side dishes & deserts will have to hide from me!
Hope you have a restful holiday no matter how far or near to the beach.
Gobble-gobble -what sound does a Tofurky make?

It's all good- with a sense of humor. Thank you GZ.
Peace to you and everyone.

Oh yeah- awesome line Twis! Do they write them like that anymore?

Thanks Luisa- beautiful what you say.
Lots of hugssss to you

& again- have a very happy TG everyone!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home