Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Popeye


















Oh, what am I? Some kind of barnicle on the dinghy of life? Oh, I ain't no doctors, but I knows that I'm losing me patience. What am I? Some kind of judge or lawyers? Maybe not, but I knows what law suitks me.
...

Careful there, don't ruffle me feathers. What am I? I ain't no physcikisk, but I knows what matters. What am I? I'm Popeye the Sailor.
...

[singing] I yam what I yam, and I yam what I yam that I yam / And I got a lotta muscle, and I only gots one eye / And I'll never hurt nobodys and I'll never tell a lie / Top to me bottom and me bottom to me top / That's the way it is 'til the day that I drop, what am I? / I yam what I yam



So anyhowsk- what do you think the key ingredient(s) is(are)?

Recipe

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I used to loooove him when I was a little girl.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Awesome concept and illustration! What is your medium here?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

very cool!

8:30 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Great narrative and each ingredient is beautifully rendered. I like the lone leaf of spinach in homage of the amazing Popeye. Fantastic entry for superhero. You are never predictable in your submissions, so fine!

5:36 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

yes, very cool!!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Popeye has always been a favorite of mine too Pati

Thanks Amy!
Pencil, ink, refine in Photoshop - then Photoshop's airbrush tool to paint in colors and some texture effects. Fun- but still like working outside computer.

Thanks Michelle!

Thanks Miri!

Thanks Valgalart!

8:39 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

cooooool, Andy !!!
i loved his wife, we call here Elvira Palito ;-))))))))
great text !!!
lots of hugssssssssssss

9:00 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Thank You for the link! Very Cool!It proves the theory that there are no new ideas, they are all floating in the air for anybody to grasp on to!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home