Monday, December 11, 2006

Abstraction is a mask for reality?
Reality is abstract-













One ?possible? reality for this is really sick: I've seen people on the street blow their nose by closing one nostril with a finger, and blowing- whooosssh- splat on the sidewalk goes their mucus. So this is my impression of someone whose face ran into something, and is using the above mentioned maskless method of blowing his nose (maybe a connection to my invention post?). Also, I used liquid mask/frisket in the piece to mask "mask". Also- paint itself is a mask. Yeah that's it.

















P.M.
Mask your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing- use a tissue or your shoulder-- not your hands they say... and, of course- use a tissue when blowing thine nose. Stay well everybody.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very colorful mucoid discharge! No really...I like what you've done and what you had to say. Excuse me while I get a kleenex.

6:07 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Who is that masked man under the mess of nose mask in the bottom piece, another mask or part of the first mask mess? You don't have to answer that, I've confused myself.
I like the query, abstraction is a mask for reality. Reality is abstract, that would mean everything is abstract, maybe a reality mask is needed, maybe I should stop.
I love your work, it's awesome, fascinating and never boring!

6:32 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

Oi, Andy !!!
like it, the mood too ....
reality is a mask, sometimes ugly sometimes all pretty and warm ...
by the way, i caught a cold,
nooooooo, last sunday ;-))))))))
lots of hugssssssssssssss
stay well, ok ???

5:45 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Hahaha Studio Lolo- gesundheit! & thanks!

Hahaha HW- goood Q's! Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah Luisa- the ugly part is a bummer.
Hope you're cold has gone away. Hugggssss to you,
I will try and stay well- thanks.

8:05 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

Happyyyyyyyy week, Andy !!!
hugsssssss and kisses ;-))))))
it's monday, dec. 18 ....

2:11 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

Cool! I must say, it's much nicer than the guy jogging by snorting out of his big nose! I like how you 'masked' the word mask in all those colors!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home