Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Help















Later that year- a Christmas version:














My girlfriend in college once recounted to me the parting scene of one of her
trips home. She was going through a bump in life, and went and spent
the weekend with her parents. Upon driving down the driveway to return from
this trip- her mother waved and called to her. C stopped and rolled down her car window to see what her mom wanted- and her mom just said, “C- God helps those who help themselves.” I always wished that saying were, “God helps those TO help themselves.” Most of the time- getting the damned ball rolling is where help is needed most--- once it’s rolling- the momentum, like a Godsend, will largely help take you the rest of the way.
Well- hope there’s a God. Guess I often need help in seeing the light.
Did I incorporate the word "help" enough?
Sos anyway- before I start making sense- I'll stop here.

Merry Holidays to all-
Peace

11 Comments:

Blogger luisa brehm said...

i love this, Andy !!!
i can see a face watching there, a kind of inner protection ....
lots of hugssssssssssssss ;-)))))
me

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Andy! Both are awesome. Incredible how you put the tiny reindeer in the background of the Christmas version!

Thanks for admiring mama kitty!

4:41 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

I've wondered what you do for a living, now I know, you keep the dark from closing the world to light, and you keep it open just enough for Santa Klaus to make it through each year-a worthy profession.
I'm in awe, fantastic piece, but most of all I like the Santa hat!

5:44 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Merry Christmas and Merry Holidays, and happy New Year!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

pretty cool!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! :O

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas- I enjoyed your blog! Keep pondering the whole God thing...
"Seek and you will find".
Peace.

5:49 AM  
Blogger get zapped said...

WOW! is what came out of my mouth. These are amazing. What medium are you using? Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Peace to you!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Wonderful in every way, Andy. A nice message as well. Merry Holidays to you as well.

1:24 PM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks everyone! and again- Merry Christmas and Holidays and New Year and Peace.

6:05 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

Happyyyyyyyyyyy holidays, Andy !!!
see you soon ;-)))))))))
lots of hugssssssssssssssssss

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home