Sunday, April 20, 2008

Primitive


______________________________

Haiku-koo

"My mama says that ..."
Need to buy a big toothbrush
The seasons swoosh by
_____________________________

"Blame it on my youth"- no, just the opposite.
_______________________________________________

Addendum(b)
In part, an explanation/translation: Thought of human/reptile connection via the most primitive (or oldest) parts of our brains- which made me think of Adam Sandler's Waterboy- and his argument with Colonel Sanders about the medulla oblongata. Waterboy said something like, "Mama says that alligators are so ornery cuz they have all them teeth and no toothbrushes." The Professor had said the aggressiveness is due to their large medulla oblongatas.

13 Comments:

Blogger pretty day said...

Great picture! Love it!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

super!

5:40 PM  
Blogger jane dávila said...

Very cool -- and a little scary!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

amazing! really imaginative take on the word.

8:08 PM  
Blogger COBOL said...

this is great, very well done

8:19 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow, that is so cool! Love the idea and the way you executed it!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow, that is so cool! Love the idea and the way you executed it!

8:37 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Is that a cochlear implant? A computer chip? Really, really fantastical drawing and concept Andy! I'm glad I enlarged it to see all the fine detail. I always do that for your work so I don't miss a thing!
Have a great week Andy.

9:50 AM  
Blogger neilornstein said...

Back at the reptile hospital I could earn a good ( enough) living fishing coins from between the sofa cushions. I was a bit down until meds, after which I was nothing much at all.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Great piece--interesting on many levels. And I love the paper and quality of line.

12:37 PM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks all!

Hahaha- it's a crocodile & brain implant Laurel. I need a brain implant- but have to take all the parts- good and bad.
Great week to you too.

Hey Neil- what's this about a reptile hospital? Is it reptileified quote from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest?

9:05 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Superb work Andy!!And now I haveto go and see waterboy again--been a while.

7:10 AM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

looooove it, Andy !!!
i was watching carefully the little detail in the ear ....
i'll be back a bit tomorrow, ok ???
just want to give big hugsssssssssssssssssssss
and kisses too ;-)))))))))))))
take care, my Friend !!!
me

wed., april 23

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home