Saturday, May 12, 2007

Digging for Citrus?

I saw "citrus",

















and this

















somehow floated up- I haven't seen it in years.
An ancient portrait, I think I'm the guy in the background.
Way back when?
I was in school- I think a Junior- I remember I needed to paint it quickly, I forget the motivation- I think for the hell of it.
I'm thinking now that nothing has really changed since then- except some things I wish had not- the inevitable.
Looking at it, I remember I used to buy this cheap fruit punch at the BigM- a run-down old grocery store, now long gone
like the fruit, though some peels, skins, and rinds may still exist petrified deep in some landfill.
The painting is kind of primitive, partly unintentionally. I never thought much of it, but it's grown on me I now see.

Now I've just remembered why I painted it; while in photography class, I painted it as part of an idea I had for a photograph. I wanted to photograph a still-life posed on a painting I created of a still-life specifically for the photo. I forget exactly what I was thinking. Anyway, I just went digging through book of old photos- and found one.

So now here's a photo of a photo of a still-life on a painting of a still-life- on a painting of a still-life. Later on- I'll take a photo of the photo of this all- ...and...until..., urrrr-- you still here?! Thanks.


11 Comments:

Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice work! And fun to read your post too!

8:09 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

OMG stop it!! You're making my head hurt!

Just kidding :) Very entertaining post.

10:55 PM  
Blogger pati said...

Ohhh yesss! These wonderful images are enough for stopping the flu :)

cabanadigital.com

4:08 AM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

oi, Andy, this is soooooo cool !!!
you gave me back old memories too ;-)))))))) love the writing and the little monkey hmmm ???
yes, i'm still here, i was trying to find some music ;-))))))))))
big hugsssssssssssssssssss
by the way, it's may 14 ....

10:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

Very nice work!

1:46 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

Cool piece and how appropriate! I like you in the background ;)

2:23 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Ha ha--thanks for bringing this back rom the archives--it's perect Andy. Love the chimp--great added touch there. Yeah, I remember drinking lots of cheap punch back in the day too, strangely enough. Anyhow, this is very good!

2:01 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

I'm still here, but I'm wondering if your the monkey or God-it's that never ending concept in this post-thinking. Either suits me fine, just as long as I can look, and wonder, and wallow some in the beauty and skill in these unique ideas of yours. Always amazing Doodleman:o

8:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the touch of the monkey!

11:21 PM  
Blogger neilornstein said...

Ah the joys of recursion, of infinite regress.

Thank you for your kind words yesterday. I am going through one of those periods where I can't seem to make art that pleases me and your post cheered meup.
Regards, Neil

5:03 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks Scott!

Thanks SL! Hahaha- sorry- I will post some Tylenol.

Thanks Pati! Hahaha- vitamin c.

Thanks Luisa! I see/hear you've found some excellent music.

Thanks Michelle!

Thanks GZ! ooo-ooo-eee

Thanks Steve! We must try and save the yoot of today from cheap punch. I guess they wont listen though.

Thanks Miri! I am the monkey- goo goo g'joob- but I guess they say both are in us all.
I know the latter is in you all.

Thanks Alina!

Thanks Neil! Regress- progress- or no gress - I'm not sure a lot of the time. Yeah there are joys in recursion- fortunately or unfortunately, here there's an "until".
Always enjoy visiting Neil. As long as your art continues to please me (haha yeah- "self-interest"). I do sympathize- I think I'm always in that "period" your talking about- but I know it will pass- urrrg.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home