Sunday, March 04, 2007

Hide









Places some hide.
No hidden meaning- images only connected to each other in that they are ideas related to "Hide".
I'm not a proselytizer for vegetarianism- or anti-McDonaldism- it's just personal. When I ate animals- I always felt I was hiding from the truth. The "out of sight- out of mind" didn't work for me-- I knew, and know I wouldn't be able to enjoy a burger if I were dining at a slaughterhouse-- and what's more- I know I am neither able nor willing to kill and butcher an animal myself- let alone eat it afterwards.
Anyhow, sad to me- but if someone is able to do the dirty-work themselves- then ok-- and/or if they have no other choice but to eat what is on the menu- then ok-- or if the "out of sight-etc.' works- then ok- I guess-
live, and let live- haha. Really I don't judge anyone.

As for the Leon Russell- "A Song for You" was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this IllFri topic. Beautiful song.

More "hide":Photo/VideoIllos

10 Comments:

Blogger HARDWAX said...

You're killing me with this.
This is so beautiful and so heart wrenching, and I am such a hipocrit, but no more.
Doodleman you're amazing and that is a beautiful song!

6:57 PM  
Blogger steve said...

We're bombarded by images on the television day in and day out, telling us to "reward ourselves" or "eat like a king" when the truth is, the food is crap. It's cheap, it's convenient, it's everywhere we turn--you almost can't escape it. The Burger King is hip and cool and Ronald a friend to all children. It couldn't be further from the truth. As Paul McCartney said, "if slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian", yet we try and justify our habits. Great, bold illo--food for thought (no pun intended).

8:13 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

andy- I love this. Your words bring so much truth. I have been teetering on going back to being a vegetarian. It's a matter of making the committed effort. I cringe thinking about the horror of a slaughterhouse....

10:32 AM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

oi, Andy !!!
it's really hide, i don't see anything ;-((((((((((-;
let me try, clicking on top ....

11:46 AM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

well, may be later ......
happyyyyyyy monday !!!
hugssssssssssssss

11:47 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks Miri--you're amazing! Strangely I feel guilty now. But- Good luck - and bon appetit!

Thanks Steve! Hey- great McCartney quote, and right on the money comment from you- and haha to the pun.

Thanks Getzapped! Yes- it's an effort- sometimes I wish I'd just be an omnivore again

Haha- hey Luisa- yes I don't know where the image is hiding either- I'm gonna re-post.
Huggggs too you

2:07 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Very powerful illos Andy-Doodler-Dandy! I have to say that after 22 years as a vegetarian, I fell off the wagon about 8 years ago and went back to poultry. I still haven't had beef since 1972, but lete;y I've given serious thought to going back to more healthful and humane eating habits. Thanks for the wake-up!

3:00 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

i see now, Andy ;-)))))))))
greaaaaaaaaaat !!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger DINTOONS said...

eating animals is like eating our own friends...especially our gentle, innocent, harmless, mute friends...
thanks andy for speaking out in support of our dear innocent friends!!

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with what you are saying in the ilustration. Very good.

Good quote from Paul McCartney, too, about how slaughterhouses should have windows.

It comes to my mind now that it is also too bad that women's wombs don't have windows...

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home