Sunday, September 17, 2006

Change.









Change is difficult- the kind that is inevitable and out of our control- and the often more difficult change- that which we are the sole captains of- that which we may not want- but know we need regardless of how terrifying its prospect may be.
Here is a fresh photo of "change"- changing my packrat ways- letting go and freeing myself of the weight of long past moments. I was going through boxes today - some dating back to college- and some containing items from early childhood. My thread bare baby blanket is now out of the box and in the bag- a movie stub from the last time I saw a visiting old girlfriend (13yrs ago), old test prints in Kodak paper envelopes from school, and a doodle from the same time I did after reading *Frankenstein- all and more now in the bag.
*I had always thought of Frankenstein as your basic horror story- but after reading it, my view changed. It is one of the saddest books I feel I've ever read. So one thing Mary communicated was that Frankenstein was not the monster- but instead the society which judged and condemned him was. Has society changed since Mary wrote this? Doesn't seem so. Oh- and as you see in this bag are items from a time when photography was still old school film & chemical darkrooms etc.- though it was however just beginning to change to digital. Lots of changes today.


5 Comments:

Blogger luisa brehm said...

lots of change today,
lots of change forever ....
Oi, Andy, i really love the first one, it's kind of dreamy ....
and your prose too ;-)))
Big hugsssssssss !!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

If only people could go back to remembering their manners it would be a start. I like the message behind this. Fantastic illo!

9:06 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Your words with the images each telling its history for that moment in time-beautiful.
Gorgeous haunting rendering of sundial, and you looking at the tricycle-so many images lovingly done, although I don't think you can rid yourself of long ago by throwing the symbols of those times away, I don't know.
Each image is fascinating, together they make an awesome piece of work.
I !

9:09 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks - Big hugsssss to you Luisa!

Thanks Ellen-- maybe if we say "please" - they'll remember manners?:-)

Thanks HW. I guess you're right about the rid method I'm using- luckily some I'm fine with keeping anyway.

6:35 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

Magic nite, Andy ;-))))

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home