Monday, September 11, 2006

Farm.
Location is backyard- used to be part of cow pasture- but it seems the green pastures are becoming a thing of the past.
(Old photo I took of farm and cow while on roadtrip back in school days. Meeting my cow friend pictured here is one reason why I gave up eating cow- and shortly after the the cow meeting, I met someone's pet pig- and I gave up eating pig. Pigs are really very intelligent and friendly- cows are curious, and can be friendly. Oh yeah- soon after meeting pig- I met someone's pet chicken- it was surprisingly very friendly and curious and followed people around- I stopped eating chicken after this meeting. The dog is a friend of mine who is smart and friendly too- I've been friends with dogs all my life- so have never eaten dog). The horse is a sketch I did not long ago for a painting I've yet to start- and probably wont. (The horse is the pet of the same person who has the pet chicken- I've been around horses forever- but never really became friends with any- not sure why- maybe because the ones I've met haven't been very friendly- but I never have nor would eat them. So unfriendly things don't go on my plate either). No time to plant a pig and chicken in this post, just have a cow, horse, and dog- e-i-e-i-o:




























P.S. I don't preach vegetarianism- -what's right for me- maybe's not right for you- though... It's a weird weird world- who knows what's universally right.

7 Comments:

Blogger luisa brehm said...

uuaaauuuhhhh really cool !!!
your pet cow ;-)))) the horse ...
you painted your dog, Andy ???
just wondering ;-)))))
sweet Nite !!!
here it's 2,40 am of sept. 12 ...
Hugssssssssss !!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

ssshhhhhhh i was checking, no need to answer ;-)))))))

7:18 PM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Haha- "uuaaauuuhhhh' is almost hugsss backwards-
thanks Luisa. Dog is---- my friend.
I guess you are about 5hrs in the future-- it's still yesterday here- 10:48pm.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

What wonderful images. Nice work!

4:37 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Your narrative is funny and poignant. I'm not a vegetarian, but have family and a good friend who is, they'll get a kick out of this post.
Showing a picture of a cow in a meadow that once was, pretty much sums up the depressing loss of so many family farms, thank god for your little dog and he bares a striking resemblance to the cow-that's comforting anyway.
Beautiful sketch [looks like a finished painting], if the real thing isn't around- the picture works just fine.
I'm in awe of your strange and funny take on the theme.
Beautiful!

9:43 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Thanks Rrramone!

Thanks HW! Make sure they aren't standing behind a cow- or other large hoofed mammal- in case they do get a kick-

7:51 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

Sweet nite, Andy ;-))))

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home